Wednesday, April 29, 2009

PROJECT: CHAMELEON - The Plan

With many other irons in the fire, I am in no hurry to complete this. But here is the plan. This is basically another practice vehicle for developing my various customization skills. The plan for this project is to get the body back in as good a shape as possible and paint it with something very distinctive. This will be my first attempt at spraying color shifting paint. Alsa Corp has come out with a new chameleon-like product called " Color Force 3" that I would like to try. This is already a unique looking truck. A coat of Color Force 3 "Cool Lava" will undoubtedly make it stand out.
The interior will feature a customized dash, probably digital like the last 2 vehicles I have completed. I will also incorporate the chameleon paint to a limited degree on the interior metal. I am also considering trying a chameleon or dichroic type fabric (also sold by Alsa Corp) for the upholstery.

I will likely replace the existing 360 2 bbl engine with the beefed up 360 4 bbl and headers that I removed from the Electric Duster.
For the rest of the truck:
I plan to use a coat of spray on bedliner and do some minor clean up work on the underside. The bumpers are "custom" and welded on, I intend to leave them looking pretty much as they are. Again, here I may try an Alsa paint process that produces a look very close to chrome. The wheels are chrome but do have some rust. For these, I will probably do a home powder coating job. I have used some chrome powder in the past that looks very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment